Support After Suicide provide a range of services to health, welfare and education professionals, including those in rural and regional Victoria.
You will find information about services in other regions of Australia here.
Education and Professional Development
Support After Suicide regularly conducts education and professional development for health, welfare and education professionals. In consultation with you and your staff, Support After Suicide staff are available to develop and deliver a program of education and professional development to meet your unique needs.
The content may include:
- Current bereavement theory
- The unique issues and experiences of suicide bereavement
- The needs of the suicide bereaved
- Counselling and support of the bereaved
- Supporting suicide bereaved children
- Supporting suicide bereaved young people
- Information about suicide
- Traumatic and complicated grief
- The impact of suicide on families and individuals across the life span
- Group interventions for the suicide bereaved
- Exploring workplace responses to suicide bereavement.
Education sessions may be a full day, half a day or a couple of hours and can be delivered at your work place or at the Support After Suicide office in Richmond. Contact us to discuss your options.
Supervision and Secondary Consultation
The Support After Suicide counselling team are available to other professionals who are supporting people bereaved by suicide . We can provide assistance by way of supervision and secondary consultation. This can be face-to-face, by telephone or Skype.
All of these services to professionals are available across metropolitan Melbourne and also in rural and regional Victoria. In most cases there is no fee for these services. Contact us to discuss your options.